Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year Update

It's been awhile since I posted, mostly because holidays + stomach flu + more holidays + revisions = me not on the Internet very much. It seems like a good time to update you on some things that will be happening in the near future (or all of 2013, really). It's going to be an exciting year, Divergent-style!

So, here we go. The things that will happen this year:

1. Book 3 comes out in the fall! I don't have an official date to share with you, but I will let you know when I get one. This also means that you will find out the title and see the cover this year (obviously), but I'm not sure exactly when, because I have to get the go-ahead from my publisher and they have Plans for all these things.

2. Filming for the Divergent movie will be happening in the spring-- in Chicago! I am beyond happy that this worked out. I love Chicago. I've lived here for most of my life, and the city was obviously a huge inspiration for the books. I can't really express how cool it is that the city represented in the movie will be the actual city that I love. They're also reporting that this could create something like 1,000 local jobs and put some money into the Chicago economy, which makes me extra happy.

Also exciting, on a more personal level? Being in the local news! Check it out: here at the Chicago Tribune and here at NBC Chicago.

3. I have a short story coming out in the anthology Shards and Ashes, edited by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong, which will be available February 19th. My story is not set in Divergentland, but I had a great experience writing it, and if you want to know more about what it's about, check out the Books page on this blog.

Exciting,  no? That's all I've got for now. I hope you're all having a great start to your 2013.

-V

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails