Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Occasional Crafter: Studded Glowing Pumpkin

Sometimes after a long day of writing, you have to do something to let loose or your brain will explode. Today, for me, that thing was creating a studded pumpkin.

I found the idea via a friend's Pinterest board (originally from Maicon Soares' Official Blog). It's been a long time since I carved a pumpkin, and I remember, as a kid, relishing that awful squishy feeling of pumpkin innards as you squeeze it between your fingers. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as an adult, I have to say. But I'm strangely proud of the end product.


Not sure what I was looking for, here.



Necessary items: pumpkin. Christmas lights. Drill. Ice cream scoop. Bowl for guts.

Avi was dressed for the occasion.

Actually, we match.

Because I don't trust myself to operate that drill without getting pumpkin goop in the mechanism.




Happy early Halloween, everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails