Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FYI: E-Mail

Okay, so, I used to have an e-mail address that I shared publicly, but that was back when it was just me and my blog that barely anyone read and my book that was not on shelves yet, etc. I loved those times-- I love these times, too, though for different reasons, but one of the reasons I loved the old times was that my e-mail load was pretty manageable and I could respond to each one without it adding too much stress to my life.

However, it's gotten to the point now, my lovelies, where if I answered every e-mail, that might actually become my full time job and then book three would never get written. This is not because I am just OMG so incredibly popular, it's because I am an inefficient e-mailer and it takes me longer than it should to answer each one. I've tried to work on this, but it's not really improving, so, you know, something has to give, and that thing is my e-mail.

If you have sent an e-mail already and are waiting for some kind of response, you will get one, but it may take awhile. If you send an e-mail now, you will get my autoresponder pointing you toward my twitter page, my tumblr, or my blog. This is because I do actually want to stay in touch with my readers! I'm just having to limit the platforms on which I do that, that's all.

Again: don't be afraid to reach out, but maybe do it here, or go to the CONTACT page for links to other social media things.

If you have a publicity-related request, please send it to my agent (whose info is on the CONTACT page of this blog), and she will respond if your request is being considered.

Thanks, everyone!

-V




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails