Saturday, May 5, 2012

Belatedly, Five Factions, Five Days: Erudite, Candor, and Abnegation

I know that some of the blogger faction contest participants were disappointed that I didn't post these pictures when I was supposed to. I wasn't really thinking of the contest part of things when I was doing these pictures-- I was just trying to direct my blog readers to the facebook page so they could see all the cool things happening there and participate in celebrating each faction. If I had known how important it was to some of you, I would definitely have posted on time. I love and support book bloggers and what they do and I'm sorry that happened.

On that note, thank you to everyone who participated in Insurgent promotion this year. You stunned me with your enthusiasm and tipped the balance in my mind between terrified and excited back over to excited.

On to the outfits!

Erudite

Erudite faction norms dictate that a faction member must wear at least one blue article of clothing at a time, because blue causes the body to release calming chemicals, and "a calm mind is a clear mind." The color has also come to signify their faction. (348)

I own exactly one blue shirt and two pairs of blue jeans. I also wear glasses, which is something the Erudite are known for.


And this is me shushing you, because I am trying to read The Brothers Karamazov and you are TALKING IN THE LIBRARY:

Candor

The Candor man wears a black suit with a white tie-- Candor standard uniform. Their faction values honesty and sees the truth as black and white, so that is what they wear. (Page 3)

I decided the Chucks needed to make another cameo, since they are actually black and white. That said, I do view Candor fashion as slightly more formal than the Chucks indicate, so consider this a slightly looser interpretation...


I said, "Get one of me talking! Like a Candor smart mouth!" And this is what happened:


Hot. (Not.)

Abnegation

The gray clothes, the plain hairstyle, and the unassuming demeanor of my faction are supposed to make it easier for me to forget myself, and easier for everyone else to forget me too. (Page 6)

Have I mentioned that Abnegation is my favorite faction? I just love the way their virtue saturates every little thing they do. In my mind I can see how they walk, how they stand, their expressions, and the peace that permeates every aspect of their lives, despite the fact that they aren't Amity.

As far as clothes go, they wear gray, and preferably loose clothing, so as not to draw attention to the body. I just happen to have a floor-length gray skirt. (Yes, floor-length even for me, the giant!) And I figured that an Abnegation member wouldn't look at the camera-- pictures are self-indulgent, after all.


The grays together:


I want to thank my photographer/husband for taking all these photos-- he not only took them, but he also made sure my poses were just right, and then edited them with his excellent photoshop skills. And that last one is especially gorgeous in terms of composition.

And with that, I  declare Insurgent release week...over! I hope you guys enjoy the book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails