Wednesday, May 9, 2012

#1s. (WHAT?!)

When you are secretly Abnegation (which I am beginning to figure out that I am), it can be difficult to publicly celebrate when good things happen because you're like "OMG, am I talking about this too much? Am I making other people uncomfortable? Do they think I'm a pompous jackass?" etc. For this reason I usually choose to celebrate privately, via happy dance in my apartment or delicious dessert or something. But this is a public event, made possible by readers and booksellers and librarians and teachers and family and friends, plus my agent and the fabulous people at HarperCollins, so I think it really requires public celebration.

This week, INSURGENT hit the New York Times bestseller list at #1!

And at the same time, but on a different list (the paperback list), DIVERGENT held strong at #1!

Okay, that doesn't make as much sense, but I LOVE IT ANYWAY. (link)
In case I don't say it enough (and how could I, really?): THANK YOU to everyone who worked on the book, and to everyone who read it (or is reading it) or told someone about it or possibly foisted it upon friends against their will. You are fantastic.

And now to put on gray and put my hair up. (Or not.)

WHERE IS THE CAKE?!

Author out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails