Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012

I don't usually make New Years resolutions. I figure, if I want to change, I'll just decide to do it right then, right? Well, there's something to be said about having a marker, about being able to say, that hour, that minute, that was the turning point. Many resolutions fail. But some don't, and let's hope mine are among them.

I've got books I've already read that I am excited to pester you about:

THESE WERE AWESOME. I CANNOT WAIT.

I've got books by talented friends that I can't wait to read:



WANDERLOVE by Kirsten Hubbard
MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza
HEMLOCK by Kathleen Peacock
NOBODY BUT US by Kristin Miller
A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE by Kody Keplinger
TOUCHED and IF I LIE by Corrine Jackson
INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows
TIMEPIECE by Myra McEntire
The sequel to LARKSTORM by Dawn Miller
The sequel to THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin

And books I'm going to go to the bookstore on release day to buy:



17 & GONE by Nova Ren Suma
CROWN OF EMBERS by Rae Carson
CINDER by Marissa Meyer
THE CAVENDISH HOME FOR BOYS AND GIRLS by Claire LeGrand
Pretty much everything that Phoebe North is looking forward to.
And goodness gracious, so many more that I'm forgetting right now.

...it's going to be a busy year.

And heck, I've got the INSURGENT release to think about, as well as whatever is going to happen in DETERGENT (aka Book 3). I can't WAIT for you guys to read book 2. Seriously.

But I've got other things, too, other plans. Hard plans. It's time to be honest: the anxiety got much worse this Winter, but I'm grateful, because that means I really have to work on it this time. I don't know if you know that most anxiety is perpetuated by avoidance-- avoidance of the thing that scares you. Exposure therapy is what Divergent was inspired by, and finally, it's what I have to do myself. It's time. 2012, the year of learning how to think in a healthy way, the year of staring fear in the face and finding a way to overpower it.

You know, before the supposed apocalypse, and all.


2012 is also the year of learning how taxes work without step-by-step instructions, of reading more books, of leaving Romania, which I've come to love, and moving back to America, which I have also come to love, in a new way. La revedere/vislat, and hello.

2011 was the best year of my life, and the hardest. Why do we think those things won't go together? They do. I hope next year is just as wonderful, and just as hard.

I hope that for you, too, that if every day feels like a fight for you, you wake up every morning swinging your fists like a Dauntless badass. Let's go beat up some Peters together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails