Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Book Is A Book. Did I Mention It's A Book? Or That It's A Book?

Today I got a very strange package in the mail. It was shaped like a rectangular prism.

It was wrapped in orange tissue paper and secured by a piece of gold, curly ribbon. I suspect the bright color is intended to ward off potential predators. It did not, however, work on me. I tore through the flimsy attempt at self-protection to get a better sense of exactly what this package was.


Lo and behold, upon opening it, I discovered something of intense and awe-inspiring beauty.

What is this strange creature? How did it adapt to the point where it developed a jacket to keep it warm and safe? And how did I get the privilege of having it in my life?

And why does it SAY my NAME on it?

Okay-- in all seriousness.

GUYS. This is a BOOK. It has a JACKET. You can take the jacket off, and put it back on again, and take it off again, and put it on again...

Yesterday I was so cool, calm, and collected. I was all "yeah, I know my book comes out in a month. I'm looking forward to it, but no, I don't feel like I'm about to spontaneously combust. I'm chill. I'm drinking tea and reading in my pajama pants."

"Was" is the operative word.

Because right now? I'm "!!!!!MY BOOK IS A BOOK!!!!!!"

And I hate exclamation points. So I don't use them lightly.

I don't know what else to say, other than...LOOK AT IT WITHOUT THE JACKET!



FYI: This book came to me straight from the printer (well, straight from the HC, who got it straight from the printer), so it's one of about...ten copies that exist, or something. It's not out yet! Only 27 days left, though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails