Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Like I'm SEVENTEEN Again...

So, in case you've all been wondering if I fell off the face of the earth and into some kind of dark abyss: I haven't, really. I have been hard at work finishing the first draft of D2, and will be depriving myself of most Internet usage until I accomplish that task. But this is an exception, because something COOL happened.

A little while ago I got an e-mail asking me for a photo, because...*dramatic pause*...Ann Shoket, the editor-in-chief of Seventeen Magazine wanted to include it in her Editor's Letter for the March issue. Immediately I ran to my computer (okay, I didn't run, because I was sitting right there) and e-mailed my sister, because she and I used to get Seventeen when we were younger (or rather, she got it, and I stole it from her.). And we had a little freakout moment together. It was wonderful.

The other day while I was in the glamorous town of Stockton, IL, I bought a copy of Seventeen in the local grocery store. Let me tell you: I have experienced nothing more bizarre than purchasing a magazine that has my face in it.

To Ann Shoket and everyone over at Seventeen: thank you for this extremely cool experience. And for liking Divergent!

And to everyone else, here's the page so you can see it:





If you're of Seventeen age, I encourage you to go out and get the magazine itself.

Heck, even if you're not.

I'm going to retreat into my writing cave again. Hopefully I'll be out soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails