Wednesday, July 21, 2010


First of all, I have to say that I'm dumb and forgot that comment moderation was on, so if you've been puzzled as to why it takes so darn long for your comments to show up, it's not blogger's fault. It's mine. Oh, my.

In other news: well, hello Road Trip Wednesday. It's been awhile.

(What is Road Trip Wednesday, you ask? Well, I will let the people over at YA Highway, who thought of it, explain it: "Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic." And everyone can play, not just the awesome writers of YA Highway.)

This week's topic is: links to the best blog post you've ever written.

In the grand tradition of Road Trip Wednesday, I can't choose just one. I've got two. I know I'm breaking the rules, but it's my blog, darnit.

The First One: I call it "The Backpack," but it is basically, hands down, no contest, THE BEST writing advice I have ever received. It helps with brainstorming. It helps with first draft writing. It helps with revision. So really, the success of this post is not due to my skill or blog-writing prowess, but to the quality of the advice that I received.

The Second One: In which I decide to take a stand against shame. Sometimes when I write posts I get nervous because I'm afraid I'll accidentally say something insulting, and those posts always seem to turn out the best. It makes sense, I suppose. If you feel like you're taking a risk, it's probably because you're saying something that's important to you.

If you have links to your best blog posts, I'd love to see them. Particularly the writing advice ones. I like those the best.


Related Posts with Thumbnails