Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thoughts

So, this is a quote from Gilead that I'm puzzling over. I'm not sure to what extent I agree with it, but I like it:

"I am one of those righteous for whom the rejoicing in heaven will be comparatively restrained. And that's all right. There is no justice in love, no proportion in it, and there need not be, because in any specific instance it is only a glimpse or a parable of an embracing, incomprehensible reality. It makes no sense at all because it is the eternal breaking in on the temporal. So how could it subordinate itself to cause or consequence?"

That is to say, God's love isn't administered in proportion to how lovable a person is. Which makes no sense. And is kind of incredible.

In other news, it's the first day of class and my pants haven't loosened up yet. Ever have that problem? When I first put them on after washing them, I have to do lunges to get them to fit right, and even then it takes me a little while to feel comfortable. Then, by the end of the day, they're too loose and I have to pull them up all the time. I just can't win with jeans.

Hello, my name is Veronica. I wake up and think about God and jeans.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails