Friday, July 24, 2009

Day Two: Decisions, Decisions.

The decisions I have made today:

(Dramatic pause)

1. I will create a device that wraps around my wrist that fires sticky business cards at people like Spidey webs.

2. I will cut 20,000 words from my manuscript in order to fall within the word guidelines of the YA genre. Plus, if you look at your manuscript and you discover that you probably CAN cut 20,000 words...you should. 80 pages don't just fall out of a book unless they're supposed to.

3. I will not take it personally if I am rejected by an agent. Or several agents. Perhaps when I reach the "dozens of agents" stage, I may begin to feel a little blue. But at that point, I will buy some Half Baked ice cream and watch a stupid chick flick until I feel better, and then I will get up and keep. writing.

4. I will not say anything to the effect of "I don't know anything" or "I don't know what I'm doing." Because anyone who has completed a manuscript, regardless of how terrible or craptacular it is, knows something. Even if it's just about how to cope with carpal tunnel pain.

5. I will not fall asleep while driving home at night tomorrow.

6. I will figure out a domain name close to "veronicaroth.com" (because someone ELSE has that domain name, turns out) and purchase it, on the off chance that I one day have enough content to put on a website, per the advice of Jane Friedman.

7. I will remember to check out of the Ball State University hotel tomorrow so they don't charge me for an extra night.

I'm pretty sure that's it. Plus, I just remembered I have to go pack.

Midwest Writers has been good to me. I hope it continues to do so.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails